Got a kid that loves crossword puzzles? Get back in gear with more fun Back to School word games for kids!
This free printable crossword puzzle will test their knowledge on basic school related items. It’s a super fun activity for the first day or week of school.
Word puzzles are fun and entertaining for people of all ages. These puzzles can help you teach a new subject, exercise the brain, and increase vocabulary and spelling skills. Word puzzles can help make language learning more enjoyable and interesting.
Over the next few months I will be creating several easy to intermediate puzzles to challenge and entertain your littles.(Stay tuned!)
How to use:
- CLICK HERE to print out this free printable on card stock or regular computer paper.
- Place puzzle in a plastic sleeve or laminate for longer use. You can also print as many as you like to use again.
- Have you littles read the clues and fill in the correct word in the puzzle
Ideas for parents and teachers
- Have you child come up with their own clues for each word.
- Use a few or all the words given to create a story to be read a loud.
- Read some books together and pick out the words you find from the puzzle. Click Here for a great selection of books to get you started.
Additional free resources for Back to School
Add this Word Search to your back to school collection.
This is my daughters favorite type of word game. Check out this Word Scramble.
Here are my top Amazon picks (affiliate links )
Scrabble Slam Cards – The fast-paced word game where anything can happen. Scrabble Slam is a high-speed four letter word game. Race against each other to change the existing word and get rid of your cards. Game could become fame and fame could become fate, you never know where it will go with scrabble slam.
Scattergories -Team up to be creative in this party game where being different counts! In the Scattergories game, teams come up with answers that fit the categories listed on their card. Sounds easy, but the answers need to start with the letter rolled on the die! Come up with as many answers as you can before time runs out, but be creative – your team only gets points if no other team has the same answer.
Dabble – Dabble is a great learning tool for kids and fun for the entire family. At the core of the game lies a fast-paced word game that will help children and adults develop many useful skills – including vocabulary, spelling, and quick thinking.
Have a great school year!