Ready for more Back to School fun? I love to have word games for kids available for those times we need a little break and want to do something simple and fun. We grab one of these babies, set a timer and race to see who can finish the fastest.
Word puzzles are fun and entertaining for people of all ages. These puzzles can help you learn a new subject, exercise your brain, and increase vocabulary and spelling skills. In my opinion word puzzles can help make language learning more enjoyable and interesting.
How to use:
- CLICK HERE to print out the free printable on card stock or regular computer paper.
- Place puzzle in a plastic sleeve or laminate for longer use.
- Have your child or student unscramble these words using the word bank on the bottom of the page.
Ideas for Parents and Teachers
- Try covering the word bank to make unscrambling more difficult for older children
- Look for these words while reading great books together. Try some of these First Day of School favorites!
- Ask your student to say these and other spelling words out loud now and then and in a complete sentence.
- If your child can write, then have them write each word a few times for review.
Add these additional free resources for more Back to School fun:
My Top Amazon Picks For Word Games (affiliate links)
Bananagrams Game -Bananagrams is a fast and fun word game that requires no pencil, paper or board. All you need is a table. One hand can be played in as little as five minutes. It is great for family fun as well as being educational. Bananagrams portability makes it perfect for travel. Just grab the pouch and go. This wonderful game is for ages 7 & up. In this challenging yet simple word game, players use tiles to create words crossword-style like the more-famous word game. The first player to use all their tiles is the winner. With multiple ways to play, this game is perfect for beginning spellers, as well as more advanced players.
Scrabble Junior by Hasbro -Kid-sized words and colorful pictures make it fun to match letter tiles to words on the grid. Players move their funny tokens up the score track as they score points. When all of the tiles have been placed on the board, the player with the most points wins! Don’t worry, your little ones won’t outgrow this game; just turn the board over for the advanced level, where they come up with their own words.
Hangman-Take ‘N’ Play Anywhere games feature big magnetic playing pieces that are easy for kids to use and hard for kids to lose. The convenient 6 3/4″ square tin case makes it easy to slip the games into most bags to take everywhere and keep kids entertained on a trip, waiting at the doctor’s office, dining out, while stuck in traffic or just visiting grandma’s house. In Hangman, these magnetic pieces allow you to play this word game anywhere. Guess an incorrect letter and a body part is added. Solve the word before you’re hung.